Wednesday, December 5, 2007

December is finally here!



Wow-- December is finally here and flying by just like the rest of life. Brenton will be 4 months old this week-- I can't believe it. That means we've enjoyed him here with us for over 100 days now...and he has experienced probably well over a million "firsts". I can't help but think in everything that we do together it is the "first time" for him. Not just first holidays, and first milestones, but first time he moved his hand just like that, first time he saw that wall across the room, first time he felt the cold Kansas wind, first time he wore a coat, first time he saw animals, first time he made that sound....ok I'll stop because obviously this list could go on forever. I am so thankful for this little miracle of life, though-- he has shown me that life truly is a blessed miracle that we should not take for granted. Although his "firsts" are so exciting and wonderful to see happen, I've found myself experiencing "firsts" of my own because I have begun taking the time to realize the value of the little things in life. Try it-- you'll be blessed.

So...on Brenton's list of firsts in the past few weeks: Thanksgiving, meeting more friends and family, making all kinds of chatter, going to the zoo, getting a Christmas tree, visiting Chick-Fil-A like a hundred times in one week, rolling over with the help of the couch cushion, giggling, eating cereal....and like I said...the list goes on and on. Here are a few pictures:



This is mom's cousin playing with Brenton's play gym!

































No comments: