Monday, February 4, 2008

Brenton and I had a fun visit in Tulsa last week, but are glad to be back home. I know I say in nearly every post that I can't believe how fast Brenton is growing, but it has been a whole new feeling lately. What I mean is, I really think Brenton's looks are starting to shift from infant to....well I'm definitely not ready to say toddler yet....but I don't think there's a good word for where he is now. I look at him and see a little boy...a very little boy....but still a little boy....with his own likes and dislikes and personality and temper and abilities....what an incredible miracle life is! And by the way-- he is SO cute! ok, ok....I'll stop there!

A couple of days ago Travis went to go get Brenton from his nap (we could here him babbling and fussing) and he was sitting up in his crib looking toward the stairs for someone to come get him!!!! He has not done that for me yet, but holy cow-- talk about "ready or not"!! On top of that Brenton has held himself standing up while holding onto a chair or another object more than a few times in the last week and has started holding himself up in a crawling position! Sometimes we set him in the crawling position and he just pushes his arms and legs out so that he is laying on his tummy again, sometimes he holds himself up and rocks back and forth, and sometimes he pushes only his legs to try and move himself (which has caused him to scoot backwards a few times!). What a fun age 6 months is-- but realizing that 6 months is HALF OF A YEAR-- not fun for me! :(

Hmm....what else? Travis and I are doing well...Travis is hanging in there with school and work and I am...well if you've already read the rest of this post you know what I've been enjoying! The weather has been so nice lately I am starting to crave spring....not to mention all of the little Easter outfits that are coming in at all the stores...I can't wait till we can play outside every day!

So...on with the important stuff-- here are some pictures! Sorry this one has been kind of random!




Yes, that's a giant elephant at chick-fil-a....two words: circus night.





And yes, that's an orange-- he ate it peel and all!








Just kidding. :)





I have to turn the rest of the pictures...so more to come!

No comments: