We were really enjoying the 60s and 70s-- what happened? It SNOWED a little last night! Last week and the week before we were going to the zoo almost every day, the park, flying a kite, blowing bubbles outside.....and now we have to bundle up again! We are ready for the return of Spring!
Let's see....where to begin? We had a fun visit to Tulsa a couple of weeks ago-- we got to see "Randa" in "Once Upon a Mattress", we got to visit with Jayme and Les and Baby O'Brien (CONGRATS again!), and of course we spent lots of time with Papa Matt and Grandma Tammy. I pulled my maternity clothes out and revisited a lot of wonderful memories (NO, not for my use again) and passed them along to Jayme for the next 7 months or so and it was really exciting and special for me to be able to share that with a great friend.
Brenton has been hilarious lately-- so cute in his adventures and, of course, his mischief. He pretends all the time, which is just another example to me of how intelligent we have been created. He is 19 months old and can really make you believe he is a puppy or the driver of a race car as he tips his little folding chair over and zoooooooms it all over the living room! And his speech-- WOW-- he amazes me every day. His favorite expressions right now are, "are you ________," with whatever he wants filled in the blank (Where are you?) and "Thank you, Mommy," which is probably the most precious thing I have ever heard come out of his mouth. His sentences are becoming so complex; he really is doing an incredible job with communication and it is a blessing. We started potty-training about 2 months ago and have had a lot of ups and downs. Potty training is-- by far-- the most difficult thing we have tried to teach (that and "Brenton, let's please use our INDOOR VOICES!!!!!" I just can't figure out where he learned to be so LOUD! :)). The things that we are stuck on are getting Brenton to make the connection that potty-ing in the potty chair is a NECESSITY not just based on your mood, and that it is really important to let us know you need to go before you start potty-ing, not once you've already started. Travis and I have decided to back off for a short time and see if those connections will happen a little less forcefully and then we will pick up the pace again in a while. I know other people have lots of other theories on this, but we think it will be a good fit for us right now. We'll see! You live and you learn!
Otherwise, Travis is driving his school bus and looking for a design job still. It is heartbreaking for me to see him apply for jobs and not get them when I know how talented and passionate he is at what he does. In all seriousness, there was a job here in town that he applied for, followed up on, was told they would be in touch, and then the next thing we knew there was a picture of this company's newly hired designer in the newspaper yesterday. It can really take a toll on a person to have to look at that and think, "what does that person have that I don't?" We are hanging in there.....clinging to faith. Please keep us in your prayers. We did just celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary and had a great time. It is really fun for us to think about then to now and everything in between. I really have a wonderful husband!
Thankfully, my job is blossoming all the time. I am pretty sure I have said this before, but I have one of the most incredible managers I could ever imagine and that makes all the difference in the world when thinking about going to work every day. I have taken on the responsibility of planning a couple of Customer Appreciation events at our branch (one next Friday and one May 1 if you would like to drop by!) and that has been right up my alley. Turns out I seem to have a little bit of my mom in me!! :) Next week we are having a March Madness theme day complete with bleachers for seating, basketball goals for shooting contests, hot dogs, nachos, cotton candy, popcorn, and a little team competition that, obviously, KU fans will win! Then, in May we are having a mas grande fiesta de Cinco de Mayo complete with a live remote broadcast with Fiesta 92.7 Mexican radio, 5th grade dancers doing traditional Mexican dances, pinatas, tacos al pastor, and hopefully lots and lots of reaching out to new customers in our neighborhood. I am having a blast and am thankful for the opportunities I have been given-- it truly is a joy for me to do these things. I will also begin some training next week that will likely lead into an advance in my current position that will allow me to begin opening accounts and doing more account maintenance things for customers, more than the basic teller functions.
Hmmm....Travis is off work today because Wichita schools are now on Spring Break and he is still sleeping! I better send Brenton down to wake him up! He is probably dreaming of his graduation coming up on May 9th because he picked up his cap and gown yesterday!! :))))) And, I just realized I've been typing a way and am running out of time to get to the gym this morning, so I better go! Know that we think about our friends and family often and love hearing from you all! When the weather decides to turn nice again give us a call and we can go to the zoo!!! Pictures to follow....
No comments:
Post a Comment