It's been almost an eternity since I've posted anything!
Here are some highlights:
*We are thankful for our faith.
*We love our family.
*We feel blessed in our home.
Oh...it looks like not much has changed after all. :)
We've made some great memories since my last post- far too much to catch up on in writing- but I will leave you with some notes about our life as a family of 4. Bennett joined us a week before Christmas and it has been such a fun 5+ weeks. He looks (basically) identical to Brenton, but I can already where their personalities differ. Brenton adores Bennett- he is extremely helpful, possessive, loving...and much more all wrapped into one. He wants Bennett to do everything with him and go everywhere with him. He translates "Bennett talk" too...sometimes Bennett will be doing absolutely NOTHING and Brenton will say, "mom- Bennett said he wants some candy"...or insert just about anything after "Bennett said"...haha. He cracks me up!
Brenton has been home during my maternity leave up until today (and minus 4 days in Tulsa with Grandma Tammy) and I have really enjoyed getting to see all the little things he does during the day. We get to sing songs, learn, watch movies, go places, etc. for more time each day than I've had with him since I started working really...and it's been wonderful. He is such a high energy, intelligent, question asking guy and I can't wait to see how much he teaches his little brother about life.
I am singing in our church choir and really happy that I finally joined. I sang all growing up and especially in high school...and then completely dropped it cold turkey when I started college because I did not have time. It's been more than a couple years since then and I am glad to have that joy back in my life. Having music in your soul is not something that can be taken away, but when you are living it you have much more joy than when you are not. Travis is anticipating the coming softball season, learning how to be a handy-man at home and overall being the most amazing dad in the world. My mom said something to me recently about Travis and it really hit the nail on the head so I thought I should share. Travis has been a great dad at every stage. We watched him when Brenton was born (and now Bennett) and he is a great dad with a newborn...then we watched him as Brenton was months old and he was a great dad of a baby...and as Brenton turned a year old Travis was a great dad with a toddler...and then Travis was a great dad with a 2 year old (terrible and all!)...and with a 3 year old who asks "why?" 7,598,645 times per day- Travis is a great dad. I guess the point is that some men are really good with a certain age group...or stage in life...but I am very thankful and happy to brag a little to say that Travis has been awesome at everything that's come our way.
I'll leave you with that. I think I hear the little one waking up and it's time to go get big-brother anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment