Tuesday, April 8, 2008

8 Months!

So we've passed the 8 month mark, which leaves only 4 short months before Brenton turns the big 1! And thank you, KU, for celebrating with us yesterday! :) Brenton has been so excited for KU that he started clapping Saturday night during their Final Four game!!!!! It is SO CUTE! I know I say that about everything- but to see his little hands go together and to see that big grin on his face- I'll try and get a video of it on here! He also is waving bye-bye and hi more often now, but chooses when he wants to wave or to clap. The first time he waved was on Easter Sunday and since then he has done it a little more every week. Many times he will stick his arm and hand out in front of him almost like an Indian "how" and then flaps it up and down a little in the air. I love it- he is so smart!!

At 8 months he has also passed the 21 pound mark and is looking like a little toddler. He still does not have any teeth, but is eating table food very well-- gummin' it the whole way! This morning he ate pancakes and peaches for breakfast with me :). He loves chicken noodle soup and I couldn't feed him my pot roast with potatoes and carrots fast enough last week. It is really interesting to me that he prefers "big people" food that is seasoned over anything plain- he even likes Mexican food already (a kid after our own hearts)!! I actually dipped a cheerio in a tiny bit of salsa this weekend and he wanted more! You all might think I am crazy, but I want him to enjoy a variety and not be a picky eater so I am letting him try many things. Of course we are not feeding him pixy-sticks full of sugar and potatoe chips full of fat- we are trying to be consistent for ourselves and for him to be very healthy, but holy cow- baby food is pretty blllllaaaahhhh when you see a whole table of yummy stuff in front of you!

I'll post pictures soon....in the meantime ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!

1 comment: