I can't remember what I posted last time and I can't read it as I am typing this new post so sorry if I repeat myself. Brenton's newest accomplishment that I am still fairly shocked about is that he can now pull himself up into a standing position!!!! I am pretty sure this is one of the for-sure signs of pre-walking and it does not stop there!! Within just a handful of times of doing this he also started side-stepping and shuffling himself a little and can make it down the couch a little (or whatever he is holding on to)! Oh friends....it does not stop there, either!! He also has let go with one hand and continued to try and step a little!!! I cannot believe how quickly he progressed from pulling up on the back of the couch, to doing it anywhere, to shuffling/side-stepping, to letting go and only holding on with one hand--- seriously he just pulled up for the first time at the end of last week and it is only Wednesday! WOW! He is a smart little monkey! I have also noticed lately how much he is recognizing words and phrases....and I am not just talking about momma and dadda. The other day he was bouncing in his bouncer and he had one arm up grabbing for toys and one arm just hanging down by the leg hole at his side (he used to do this a lot when he was younger) and I laughed and said "where is your other arm?" and he looked straight down at his arm and pulled it up! I seriously am in awe daily at what this kid can do!
So...we tried for a little photo shoot in the beautiful 75 degree weather today, but sadly there were several distractions....the grass....the cats....the flowers blowing in the wind...the wind in general....and the sun, of course. :) Here are a few, though.

No comments:
Post a Comment