Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We had a great weekend with my family last weekend- and had some new family pictures taken (I'll scan and post later). Brenton was so worn out from all the fun that he actually slept in yesterday and today! :) Travis started his new job at Coleman yesterday and seems to really enjoy it. Guess what one of his first jobs is....the company took pictures in the middle of winter to be ahead of schedule for the summer camping season, but decided that the model looks too cold in the pictures so Travis' job is to photoshop a tan!!!!!! What a great job! He is also working on some icons for some new line of water-submersible flashlights that you will see on packages in the stores later on! It is really exciting for him and for me to be able to see his work through to completion! Let's all pray that this becomes a permanent position!

Let's see....what else is new? Brenton is getting closer and closer to walking- he can go all around furniture, walls, people, anything he can get his hands on- and he is FAST! He is also crawling....well sort of! He moves his arms and then one leg, with the other leg sort of tucked and dragged. Last week when he was at home with daddy he learned "nose", which is really cute. He can't say "nose" but he can sure find it on your face and honk it! He also learned how to blow bubbles into a cup through a straw- I'm not sure if daddy taught him this one, too- but it causes a lot of backwash, which is not so fun. Yesterday he figured out how to climb off of his riding toy into a standing position, and last night he woke up in the night and was standing in his crib again! Travis and I have talked so much lately about how much fun we are having and how fun and smart Brenton is becoming. Not that he wasn't before, but this age is great!

This week Travis and I actually get a day off of work for our friends Josh and Heather's wedding in Topeka and I get Monday off for Memorial Day-- yay for bank holidays! Call us and we can hang out!!

2 comments:

The Wells said...

Yeah I can put tans on anyone that wants one! Work is going great! I love my job here even though they say that this is temp right now! I love playing with Brenton! He sure does know where your nose is. He is also into sharing if you open your mouth and say share then he will turn and put what ever it is in your mouth! I love it! I think last night was the longest that he has ever blown bubbles into a cup. right when we were wanting him to go to sleep of coarse.

annjaneltaylor said...

I need to see a video of this nose business:)

Love you!