Tuesday, March 16, 2010

10 days and counting!


In case you haven't heard- this will become a regular part of our family's life in just 10 short days (by that I mean 10 days that feel like an eternity long each!)!

We have asked for prayer for decisions and the ability to buy a house and jobs and countless other things and now all I can say is praise God for the blessings he is showing us! Of course I still have worries and would never want our friends would to stop praying for us as we have daily requests, but to say the least I am a very happy girl. :)

So...our lives right now consist of dreaming about hanging blinds...worrying about fitting things down the stairs into the basement...and packing, packing, packing.

In other news, Brenton has an upper respiratory infection- this winter has been killer for him. He's never been sick much before, but we have not been able to knock this cough completely. Previously the diagnoses have been "a cold" and "walking pneumonia"....and now the URI. This time, though, we referred to Aunt Michelle for treatment and she has Brenton on breathing treatments twice a day and they are helping SO much! Between these, his meds, and the weather finally starting to get warmer- I think we will be rid of it soon and I am so glad!

Hey- is the time change kicking anybody else in the rear?! I find myself staying awake forever at nights, waking up at 8am (instead of the normal 7am) and feeling like it is 5am! Crazy.

I am feeling a little random this morning- sorry for hopping all over the place!

We went to Tulsa a couple of weekends ago and 2 great things came of it-- Maranda did a great job in "All Shook Up" at her school; the entire cast was awesome and the show was outstanding AND my mom is getting better! Really getting better! I am so thankful that God has carried her through this time in her life and continues to do so as he shows her healing every day.

Last weekend we celebrated baby Jacksen's 1st birthday- always cute to watch a little baby dig into some birthday cake! That is our nephew for those of you who are lost. We also spent some time with Rhonda, Les and the kiddos (some of which are way taller than me and probably shouldn't be identified as kiddos anymore!) and the g-pa and g-ma.

I better run, but I'll leave you with this: Choose God.

No comments: