It's supposed to be 39 here today....
can it get any warmer? Please?
We are all well now around here and are thankful for that. Brenton actually had walking pneumonia for a few weeks, but I can gladly say he has not coughed all week! Travis and I have both had the cold/sinus crud that has been going around and it really stuck around a while for me. On top of that I got some kind of 24-hour flu bug a week or two ago...
but like I said- we are all well now and so thankful!
Other than being sick we've spent the past few weeks spending time with friends here and there, working and, well, the usual. We have a few birthdays to celebrate this week- my dad turned the big 5-0 yesterday and we are going to head to Tulsa most likely for a party this weekend, Travis' brother, Tim, is turning 27 today, and our good friend Mira's birthday is today as well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GANG! :)
Oh yeah! Travis and I have UNO on our Wii now so we have been battling each other in that-- it's pretty intense. He gets the UNO competitive drive from his mom's side of the family- they know how to play some mean UNO in Manhattan!
Brenton has been growing as usual. I can't remember if I posted this before, but he knows how to spell his name now and it is really cute! His baby-sitter taught him a little chant to help him learn it so he says "B-R-E.....N-T-O-N" and then we will say "what does that spell?" and he yells "BRENTON!". Here is a funny story while I am talking about him: A few nights ago I took him to his favorite place (he goes through phases, but this is his current fave): Emperor's. His attention span was about out and he had already finished eating so he started playing around, being loud, finding creative things to do as usual and he started standing up in the high chair he was sitting in. I told him to sit down twice and when he continued I said to him "Brenton, look at the floor- it is very hard. If you fall out of that chair you will break your head open and we will have to go to the hospital." He looked right back at me with a huge smile and said "and then they will have to put a new one [head] on!"
So much for trying, right?! :)
I have to run get the kiddo ready for the day- email or call us soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment