Monday, January 7, 2008

5 months!

Brenton is 5 months old today and since the last time I actually got a few minutes to post on here a LOT has happened! Brenton's first Christmas was a blast-- he successfully made it through like 5 million Christmas-es and ended up with some great stuff. Thanks so much to everyone who listened to our requests-- Brenton now has clothes to last us until he grows again! Oh yeah...and of course like a billion new toys! :) Brenton is sitting up really well now, but still falls over when he gets too excited or tries to lunge for something. He doesn't quite seem to have the "I have to pull myself back up when I fall" reflex yet. He NEVER wants to be laying down now, though-- he insists on sitting up or standing all the time. He is so cute! We can already hold his fingers and stand him up and he will move his feet to take a few steps toward something that he wants....or start jumping up and down (probably because he loves bouncing in his rainforest bouncer). So many things (as I always say) are changing....he doesn't like his "baby" car seat, he wants to sit up and look around even when he is eating, he is picking things up, etc... wow! I still can't believe it! A couple of weeks ago we were at Great Grandma and Grandpa Hinkle's eating dinner and as usual Brenton was sitting up on my sister's lap as he refused to be left out of the 'action'. All of a sudden as we were talking he reached out, put both hands around my sister's cup (full of water), picked it up, and put it to his open mouth!!!!!! INCREDIBLE to watch-- he is so smart.....and obviously ready for some new challenges. Brenton also had his first taste of one of the greatest foods in the world that night-- mashed potatoes! He did great...so we started feeding him baby food shortly after. We are still trying to get consistent with a routine at this point, but he is getting better with the spoon all the time (with the exception of wanting to do it himself) and definitely prefers the good stuff- like mashed potatoes- over the baby food. I don't blame him! He is definitely starting to eat more as well....so we are trying to add more options than just milk.

Travis and I had a great Christmas as well....of course most of our attention was on Brenton....and for some reason Santa couldn't fit us a new house into his sleigh-- I guess we'll have to wait for the Easter Bunny. ;) Travis' time off from school has been great-- Brenton is enjoying having both of us around-- when the new semester starts I think we are going to have some more adjustments to make.

Today was a great day for me-- I got a makeover! Travis nominated me for a makeover at a salon and spa here in town and out of a whole stack of applicants I was selected! I had a great time, it was really nice of Travis to do that for me. Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that you can see the before and after of my makeover on KAKE News at 5pm next Monday, Jan. 14th. hahahaha....try to "miss" the before picture....it's not so great!

Now for the good stuff....let me see if I can get some more recent pictures up soon! We misplaced our camera between Christmas Eve night and Christmas day night so I will have to have our parents email us their pictures. Everything else is still in the camera waiting to be uploaded.......

No comments: