We are having so much fun watching Brenton try new foods-- well, at least I am. :) At this point, Brenton eats more vegetables and fruits than his daddy...hehehe. His favorites so far are sweet potatoes, corn & sweet potatoes mixed, squash, bananas, and pears. He'll also eat mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, green beans), but the carrots seem to have adverse reactions so we don't give him carrots so that rules out the mixed veggies too. He likes peas and applesauce too, but not as much as the other stuff I've listed here. He's also eating oatmeal now instead of just rice cereal and so we've been mixing those together to give him a variety. One thing is for sure- he does NOT like green beans by themselves. Every time we have tried green beans he ends up coughing, gagging, choking, and crying hysterically. Strange? Yep, I thought so too....but I have tried on more than one occasion so for now- NO green beans! I tried peaches for "dessert" today at lunch and he did not seem to like those, either. I think maybe they were too tart...he kind of was making puckering faces. We'll try them again another time....
Overall, though he is a VERY good eater. He is doing great with the spoon and sometimes we use a fork if he's getting something from our plate and does just fine with that too. He ALWAYS thinks he needs to be eating when we are eating...so sometimes we have to be creative. Brenton really wants to be drinking from our cups, too-- especially ice water! (I know...can you believe he likes it that cold?), so we'll probably break out the sippy-cup pretty soon. Oh yeah....and he definitely likes mashed potatoes and any kind of gravy-- table foods here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment